Monday, October 29, 2012

Thoughts On Blogging

This semester we have been asked to blog for our class. Our professor gave us the freedom to blog on whatever we wanted as long as it had some relevance to our Public Discourse class. At times I had a hard time blogging, not because I didn't have time, but because I wasn't sure what sort of issues were important to me. Blogging on what we read was easy for me, because it gave me a set topic to discuss with the rest of the class. Although this made blogging easier, actually blogging was still a challenge just it was hard to put inner thoughts into words.

We live in a society that constantly is preaching the need to be an individual, but at times it seems that we are our own worst enemies in regards to individuality. I say this because even though we have our own opinions, I feel people are still very sensitive or restricted in saying what they believe. I feel a certain way about marijuana, but my views are not shared by my parents or those that are around me. This makes it very tough for me to express my views, regardless of what the social issue may be, I feel it can very tough for individuals to express their views even in a world where we are given the freedom because of the judgement they may encounter.  All I am saying is that I wish people felt as free and safe to say whatever they are feeling, regardless of the criticism they may get from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment